OSR #1 Update
On 18 June 2010, the FDA wrote to CTI Science questioning whether OSR#1® fit within the agency’s definition of a dietary supplement, indicating that instead it appeared to be a drug. Although we believe the product meets the legal definition of a “dietary supplement,” we have decided not to contest this point but to work with the agency. While achieving formal drug approval is lengthy and costly, CTI Science will in the course of it prove to FDA’s satisfaction the safety and efficacy of OSR#1® and ultimately be able to offer OSR#1® to the public with FDA-authorized therapeutic claims.
As a result of this decision, CTI Science has
voluntarily agreed to remove OSR#1® from the market effective Thursday, 29 July
2010. The product will not be available for sale after that date until new
drug approval has been obtained. Please access the CTI Science website,
updates on OSR#1® in the future.
Dr. Homero Cavazos, DC, CCCN
Defeat Autism Now practitioner
Dr. Cavazos is a chiropractor specializing in functional neurology and nutritional/biomedical intervention. Dr. Cavazos also treats coexisting conditions associated with AD/HD, Autism, and other neurodevelopmental disorders such as low muscle tone, ataxia, and hypovitaminosis. Treatment of the multiple coexisting conditions may help improve the quality of life for you or your child.
The perpetual student, Dr. Cavazos strives to provide his patients the most advanced testing and treatment methods currently available.
Dr. Cavazos' approach to patient care is unique and specific to each individual. His focus involves identifying and addressing the cause of a patient's symptom rather than simply suppressing the symptoms. Treatment plans are multi-faceted, involving biomedical intervention, nutritional counseling, addressing functional neurological deficiencies, muscular rehabilitation, and biomechanically correct adjustments to mobilize joint restrictions, and promote postural integrity. In many cases Dr. Cavazos utilizes other health care professionals in our community such as pediatricians, psychologists, nutritionists, and homeopathy practitioners when co-treatment is necessary for patient recovery.
Dr. Cavazos and his wife, Tracy, enjoy traveling, running, and spending time with friends and family. They also enjoy walking and spoiling their two dogs, a Labrador, Ty, and a Maltese, Nala. In his free time Dr. Cavazos enjoys the outdoors, cycling and participating in triathlons.
- Parker College of Chiropractic 2005-2008
- Texas A&M University 1995-1999
- Gilmer High School 1991-1995
Post Graduate Certifications
- CCCN, Certification Chiropractic Clinical Neurology
- Defeat Autism Now practitioner
Lectures & Publications
- May, 2008 Autism is Treatable; Parker College of Chiropractic; Dallas, Texas
- July, 2008 Autism is Treatable; Parker College of Chiropractic; Dallas, Texas
- January, 2010 Understanding Biomedical Testing; Plano, Texas
- May 26, 2010 Treating Pediatric Neurocognitive Disorders; Parker College of Chiropractic; Dallas, Texas
- September 2, 2010 Biomedical Treatment of Children on the Autism Spectrum; Frisco, Texas
- October, 2010 Treating the Challenged Child; Parker College of Chiropractic; Dallas, Texas
- October 29, 2010 Treating the Challenged Child; Parker College of Chiropractic Relicensure Conference; Dallas, Texas
- January, 2011 National Autism Association: Comprehensive Treatment for ASD Children: A Logical Approach. Volume 8 Issue 3. Winter 2011.
- January 12, 2011 Biomedical Intervention & Neurocognitive Therapy; Warrior Moms Support Group, Dallas, Texas
- February, 2011 Lecture Pediatric Neuro-Rehabilitation, Parker College, Dallas, Texas
- March 5, 2011 Lecture A Practical Approach to Pediatric Neuro-Cognitive, Behavior Disorders, Frisco, Texas
- May 3, 2011 Gut and Brain Dysfunction in Autism, National Autism Association North Texas Chapter, Dallas, Texas
- June 18, 2011 Pediatric Neurological Examination, Parker University Continuing Education
- November 2012 Pediatric Neurological Examination, Oslo, Norway
- June 2013 Advanced Pediatric Laboratory Evaluation/Interpretation, Oslo, Norway
- National Autism Association of North Texas: Navigating the Biochemical Jungle of Autism. Volume 11 No. 3. Summer 2013
- March 2008; Restorative Endocrinology
- May 2008; Defeat Autism Now Clinician Seminar
- May 2008; Peripheral Nervous System
- June 2008; Central Nervous System
- September 2008; Whiplash and the Brain
- February 2010; Defeat Autism Now Clinician Seminar
- October 2010; Klaire Labs Probiotic Symposium